What are all these presets?
- gr – images montaged together to create a whole grid Atlas
- sq – medium magnification image used to find squares
- hl – medium magnification image used to find holes
- enn or esn – high magnification image in counting or super res, respectively
The Leginon files names are explicit in case you lose web viewer functionality you can trackback to the parent images related to your current image.
Why are there 3 versions of enn?
Leginon aligned sum images are as follows:
- *enn.mrc – unaligned sums and may be 8×8 early return images
- *enn-a.mrc – aligned sums (by MotionCor2)
- *enn-a-DW.mrc – aligned dose weighted sums (by MotionCor2)
Additional tools in our web viewer include for each image the nominal defocus, estimated pixel size, total dose of the movie, timestamp when the image was taken, and ice thickness monitoring. If you are curious about our Appion pre-processing tools you may schedule a small group training session through the NCCAT User Office.