The Simons Electron Microscopy Center (http://semc.nysbc.org), which support projects involving electron tomography and single particle analysis, is looking for a program developer/software scientist to join the staff of the National Center for CryoEM Access and Training (NCCAT http://nccat.nysbc.org). With the growth technology and data acquisition methods the field continuously collects several TBs of data per day per instrument. To cope with this exponential growth of scientific data new algorithm package development, GPU accelerated workflows and cloud based approaches are being used.
We are looking for a software scientist to join our team to work on integration, visualization and pre-processing steps of electron microscopy data. This position would cover the image acquisition and quality control pipeline during and after the data collection, as well as architecture development to create and maintain the infrastructure to support these pipelines.
- Experience or interest in biology/scientific data processing
- Familiarity with hardware and software troubleshooting
- CentOS and Ubuntu operating systems, (Windows and OSX are helpful)
- Scripting/development experience in Python, Bash
- Comfortable working in an academic environment
To apply send a c.v. and names of three (3) references to nccatjobs [at] nysbc.org .