April 13-17, 2020.
At no cost.
Room and board not included.
Note, there is limited on-site availbility. Please do not book travel and housing until you are accepted into the short course. If you are not accepted into the short course, then you have the option of joining the videocast of the morning lectures.
Questions? Email nccatinfo [at] nysbc.org.
April 13-17, 2020
SEMC and NCCAT will be offering a 1 week workshop focused on the theory and practice of tomographic methods. The mornings will have lectures and stimulating round table discussions. The afternoons provide hands-on practicals to reinforce fundamental concepts and topics covered earlier in the day.
Day 1: Monday, April 13, 2020
- Roundtable : Welcome
- Lecture1 : Keynote – Intro and overview of ET – Wei Dai (Rutgers University)
- Practical1 : ET sample preparation – HPF/Plunge freezers
- Practical2 : cryoCLEM-FIB-ET workflow
Day 2: Tuesday, April 14, 2020
- Lecture2 : FIB-SEM – Bill Rice (New York University)
- Roundtable : Making windows into cells
- Practical3 : Krios cryoET data collection
Day 3: Wednesday, April 15, 2020
- Lecture3 : Cryo-Applications and sub-tomogram averaging – Alex Noble (NYSBC/SEMC)
- Roundtable : Choosing the right in situ target and model system
- Practical4 : Appion Protomo tools and sub-tomogram averaging
Day 4: Thursday, April 16, 2020
- Lecture4 : Annotation and interpretation of tomographic data – TBD
- Roundtable : The future of in situ cellular structural biology
- Practical5 : Appion Protomo tools and sub-tomogram averaging (cont.)
- Practical6 : Annotation using CNN
- Group dinner
Day 5: Friday, April 17, 2020
- Roundtable : Wrap up and Farewell